Melodic metal?

Home Label Forums Music Melodic metal?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by David Spalding David Spalding 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Since there’s a clear leaning towards people liking the harsher end of the metal spectrum, I thought it would be interesting to know what people like that belongs to the opposite end of the spectrum.

So that means melodic metal and with no harsh vocal styles like growling or shrieking or such.

I imagine people know about a lot more than just Iron Maiden and other such usual suspects.

I’m hoping there will be suggestions for artist who as a whole fit the bill, rather than just the odd melodic excursion from artist who usually have their heads elsewhere.
    Basically, I’m looking for non-extreme, harsh-vocal free metal bands to get into.

Peter Ferguson
    Peter Ferguson
    Participant

Crimson Glory were a pretty fantastic prog/power metal band from the 80s who sadly had two good albums, one bad album (or so I hear), and then they broke up. But that sophomore album, Transcendence, is on the short list for GOAT 80s power metal right up there with Warlord.

Frank Read
    Frank Read
    Participant

Ah hell, I’ll throw my go-to metal (after Maiden) album at ya.

The remnants of Thin Lizzy, who now go by the name of Black Star Riders, are pretty cool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.